Vernon Ribeye




Yum


Vernon Ribeye
3 Ribeye Steaks
3/4 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tbsp butter


 My family and I were in a dilemma and wasn't sure what we wanted for dinner since nothing was prepared to cook. So going out on wing and a prayer, we went to our local grocery and tried to find something. We found there was a sale on ribeye steaks and we were able to get three for a little over 12 dollars! I wanted to share my recipe for making these steaks;they were very flavorful and super tender. This is how it starts:

I started with a dry rub. In my experience over the past few years, I have grown more fond of dry rubs than wet rubs or marinades. A preference, for sure, but I feel I can get a better crust on the steak while the insides remaining juicy. I chose kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper. Note: Make sure you use KOSHER salt when seasoning your steaks. Table salt will make it taste like you were licking salt blocks all evening. You can do your spices one of two ways: you can mix all the measured amounts together and sprinkle on the steaks or you can add the spices one at at time to the steaks. I keep my spices separate and add one at at time.


You will need three ribeye steaks. One really needs to find ribeye that has plenty of marbling (white fat) in the meat. 


 Sprinkle your seasoning well on moth sides of the meat to form a "crust" on the steaks. Allow steaks to rest for about 10 minutes with seasonings on it.


Heat a seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Make sure the skillet gets good and hot.  Cook steaks on one side for 5 minutes and turn. Add butter to pan and let it cook down into steaks.


Allow steaks to cook another 5 minutes and then remove from heat. Allow steak to rest for at least 5 minutes. This will produce a medium rare steak.

This steak was so tasty, and you could almost cut with a fork! I hope you try this Vernon version of the ribeye!


Post a Comment