Harvey's-Columbus, MS Review

Harvey's Restaurant Review
 




We have been busy lately having placements with foster care, and with the normal functions of life and church we haven't had much free time.After three months, and having two wonderful foster children, they went home. We happened to have some free time on a Friday, (Kelly our daughter stayed with my parents) so we were able to go out on a date! Hallelujah! 

We decided to go somewhere we don't normally go, so we decided on Harvey's of Columbus. We have been there before and the food was always good, but I wanted this night to be special and important for my wife. So we went and I wanted to give a full review of our romantic evening at Harvey's. Let me say: If you want to take a girl out on a first date, or any date with a good impression, take them to Harvey's. Its a wonderful place.

1. The atmosphere: The restaurant was low-lit and had a more romantic feel to it. This is what we were absolutely looking at for my wife and I to go out on a date. Families are welcome here, however I believe this is a perfect restaurant to take a date. 

2. The service: The service was above average. Our waiter was pleasant, courteous, and personable. He answered any question we had and did it with a smile on his face. I noticed, however, that they try to add things to your bill when you are eating. This is not a big deal for me, but we ordered water and half way through our meal he asked if we wanted more "bottled" water. I saw that as trying to sell us some bottled water. We just politely said no.

3. The food: I must confess this was the best food I have eaten out in a long time. Everything we had was delicious. For an appetizer we had broccoli bites:


These are cheese, bacon, and broccoli fried to a golden brown. It was served with honey mustard, and was wonderful. I recommend getting these for an appetizer when you come. In fact, Harvey's has won awards for this appetizer.



For my meal, I had the marinated 12 ounce rib-eye. This steak was marinated in soy, pineapple juice, garlic and ginger for a long period of time and cooked to medium-rare. It was served with smoked jalapeno cheese grits and a roll. Amazing! I am very particular about my steaks, but I must say this steak was phenomenal.  Probably one of the best steaks I've eaten ever in a restaurant. My wife had prime rib, and I got to try a few bites of it. It was very tasty as well.


4. Price: The food for the atmosphere was moderately priced. For an appetizer and two steaks, it was only over $60.00 for two without tip. Make sure  you tip your waiter/waitress well for good service!


5. Overall: Hands-down one of the best places to eat in Columbus. Great place for the romantic to take his wife or girlfriend for a date!

Check out Harvey's at one of three locations in Mississippi: Columbus, Starkville, or Tupelo. Their website is
http://eatwithharveys.com/

Post a Comment