R Davidson Chophouse Review



My wife and I had the opportunity to go out on a date to Tuscaloosa the other night (something we don't get to do much) and try a place called R. Davidson Chophouse. I haven't heard of this place, but I wanted to try it out after looking at the menu. We were pleasantly and wonderfully surprised how good this place is!

1. The atmosphere: As we entered the restaurant we noticed how decorative the place-setting was on each table. We also noticed that there was giant projector screen TVs that could be used for presentations or to turn on a ballgame. So the feel we got when we first entered is the look of an upscale dining restaurant with a casual tone in it. We actually enjoyed and appreciated it.

2. The service: The service was excellent. We had a waiter that gave recommendations and also was pleasant and personable. On thing we appreciated is that the waiter actually tries the specials so he can give his personal input on it. He also memorizes the specials so he can recite them.  He constantly came to our table and checked on us.

3. The food: The food was spot-on. We had some dishes that I believe I would have trouble reproducing at home:


We started off with portabella  mushroom fries with a spicy horseradish dipping sauce. They were great and had a good texture and feel.  A great starter!



We actually got a surprise when our waiter brought out a complimentary rosemary bread loaf with pimento spread. It was delicious! It was a great mixture with the sweet bread and the salty pimento spread. Great combination!


The sides were al a carte, so we ordered the roasted seasonal vegetables and the lobster mac and cheese. The size of the al a carte items were big enough to feed both me and my wife. The seasonal vegetables were zucchini, onions and peppers. They were cooked great and seasoned well. The lobster mac and cheese was excellent. You would get hunks of lobster in some bites and it was perfect.


I ordered the pan roasted chicken and my wife ordered a large bone in pork chop.  In all my times ordering chicken out, this was one of the best chicken dishes I have had. It was a moist piece of chicken with a nice brown crust on the outside. I tried a bite of my wife's dish it was flavorful as well.

The only minor thing that was with the dishes is my wife's pork chop was a little under-cooked but it was still tasty.



For dessert we had bread pudding with caramel sauce on top. YES! This was an excellent bread pudding, and one order was able to feed both of us.  I would actually come here to just order this dessert!


4. Price: To have the feel of an upscale restaurant it actually was not as pricey as one would imagine. We paid a little over $60 not including tip. So the prices were reasonable for the quality of service and food.

5. Overall: Great atmosphere, great service, and great food, made for a great experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Tuscaloosa area. I would like to highlight the service. That is what made the experience. Great job!

You can find R Davidson Chophouse at:
 
2330 4th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Post a Comment