Smoked Chicken Thighs



It was a challenge to continue to be on Whole30 and celebrate the 4th of July. So I decided to do some research and find a recipe that sounded good and was still Whole30 compliant. I found a recipe on Recipe Diaries and tried it out on a wing and a prayer. Or a thigh? Anyway, it turned out really good! Smoked and then finished in the oven. I adjusted to recipe due to spiciness and amount of thighs.

    12 chicken thighs
    2 tbsp clarified butter
    2 tsp paprika
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tbsp thyme
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    1 tbsp cayenne
    1 tbsp salt
    2 tbsp black pepper

 Take clarified butter, melt it down, and rub or brush each thigh thoroughly with it. Mix all of your spices together and coat all thighs well. Place your thighs skin side down on a smoker cooking indirect at 225 degrees(if you don't remember my indirect method, click here). I used hickory chips(about 1/4 bag, soaked) and charcoal to smoke the chicken. I smoked the chicken  1 1/2 hours on the smoker(only turning once) then cooked in the oven 1 1/2 hours at 225 degrees.


I will say now, that this was BETTER than the recipe where I marinate it in Dale's Seasoning. Yes, it is that good! And it is Whole30 compliant!

Post a Comment