Epcot Flower and Garden Festival-Impressions



 I had a great opportunity to attend the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World in Florida recently. The festival included vibrant topiaries with character sculptures, garden destinations, and outdoor kitchens. I didn't get to observe the entire festival, because it is an event you would probably want to spend a couple of days experiencing. Here are a few things I observed during the visit:

Butterfly Exhibit


I was able to observe Butterflies on the Go, that had many different varieties of butterflies.   

Topiaries


 


Throughout the park, where were many decorative flowers,caricatures and gardens. It was a beautiful display of art that was created by world class horticulturists.   

Food

 My favorite part! I was not able to try everything there, but I was able to try a few different things here are a few:

 

 

Urban Farm Eats

 

 
Watermelon Salad with pickled onions, baby arugula, feta and balsamic reduction.





This plate was a very cool and refreshing plate, that blended quite nicely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cider House


Pear cider-brined shredded corned beef with braised cabbage and pears and Branston dressing
This was probably my least favorite dish that I tried. However, it was not a terrible taste, just one that someone would need to acquire.

House-made potato and cheddar cheese biscuit with smoked salmon tartare
Probably my favorite of all the dishes I tried. The biscuit was amazing, and the smoked salmon and the crema was fantastic.













Fleur De Lys

 

Macaron Chocolat Framboise-Large raspberry macaron with chocolate fudge and raspberry jam
 A heavenly french dessert that was not too sweet. The jam was a sweet surprise in the middle.

 

 

Florida Fresh

 
Non-alcoholic watermelon cucumber slush
Cool, crisp, and refreshing. I did not know you could ever mix watermelon and cucumber! Will have to make a copy-cat at home!











 

 

Taste of Marrakesh

Harissa chicken kebab with sweet couscous salad

Spicy chicken with cool couscous, it was great! The combination is what made the dish.












 

 

La Isla Fresca

 

Jerk chicken with mango salsa,chayote and green papaya slaw with lime-cilantro vinaigrette
A great finish. I love anything mango and papaya. I also had a non-alcoholic frozen Simply Tropical Juice drink to go with it.

 

 

Conclusion

It was a great visual and culinary experience. Not all of the food was perfect, but I didn't expect it to be.  I will, however try to create some of the recipes I have tried. This is me doing my Epcot happy dance:

  

 I enjoyed the experience, but I believe I enjoyed it more because we were able to experience it as a family.