Smoked Chicken Thighs


This recipe is very similar to my smoked chicken halves recipe I did earlier that smoked the chicken with the indirect method of grilling. It is pretty much my preferred method of grilling now.  Juicy, flavorful, beautiful, and easy; you can't go wrong!

1 package chicken thighs
1/2  cup Dale's marinade
1/2 tbsp black pepper
2 tsp  garlic powder
2 lbs any type of charcoal
 hickory chunks

Set up your grill for indirect method. I explained it here on my halves post. While your coals are getting hot put thighs in zip loc bag and put dales seasoning in. Right before placing on grill, sprinkle both sides with seasonings.

Place thighs skin side down and let smoke for 30 minutes. Turn and let the thighs smoke more for another 30 minutes. The skin will begin turning a dark amber color and look delicious.  After an hour take chick off and place in a 200 degree preheated oven for 1 hour. 

Remove, plate with some pan seared zucchini and some white rice, and enjoy! Printable recipe here.


Like my dishes? Subscribe to Chris, a Dog, and a Food Blog by Email

Popular Posts