Coffee Crusted Ribeye Steak




I made these a while back but I wanted to make an official recipe for them. These steaks are so good, you may want to eat two. The method for my steak was very similar to the coffee crusted steak recipe that I shared in an earlier blog post

1 Ribeye steak
1 tbsp ground coffee 
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp smoked paprika
More salt and pepper to sprinkle

Let your steak sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. After 20 minutes coat well with coffee rub mixture. 




The method for the steaks was a little different than my previous post.  The main difference is that I fired up my charcoal grill and seared them quickly over direct heat for 2 minutes on each side. I then placed them in a cast iron skillet and put them in a preheated 375 degree oven and then turned the oven OFF. I let them sit in the oven for 8 minutes. Take out and let rest for at least 5 minutes.

The asparagus was coated in olive oil, then salted, peppered, and sprinkled with garlic powder.  It was cooked in an oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

The Hollandaise sauce was a variation of a previous blog post, except I added 2 tbsp of butter.







Try this! It is delicious and not difficult to make! Printable recipe here.


Like my dishes? Subscribe to Chris, a Dog, and a Food Blog by Email