Review...Flourless Peanut Butter Mug Cake




Link to recipe:


I decided to be adventurous and try the three ingredient, no flour, peanut butter mug cake for dessert tonight. We had tried this recipe before and it didn't turn out as well, but I wanted to try this again with another method.  This is the recipe:

3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp sugar plus one tsp sugar
1 large egg

At this point I took the egg and divided the yolks from the whites. I whisked the whites until peaks started to form and added the sugar.  At that point I mixed the yolk with the peanut butter and mixed well. I added the whites to the peanut butter mixture and mixed until all was incorporated and smooth. I placed the mixture in a microwave safe mug and microwaved for one minute.

The result? Drumroll!

It was actually very good! If you are having a sweet craving and need something not "quite" as bad as other desserts, try this! However, as I was eating it, I was thinking how good it would be with a scoop of ice cream with chocolate syrup on top. Well, that kind of defeats the purpose...but anyway! Try this dessert out. I recommend it.