Our Valentine Dinner




Valentines weekend was a major success in the food department this year, and I wanted to share some of the memories in the kitchen we had The recipes are a combination of those I have already on my blog,which are some of my favorites.



We had ribeye steaks. One of the best cuts of meat in my opinion.
Spicing them up!

Method for my steak was very similar to the coffee crusted steak recipe that I shared in an earlier blog post. The others were seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. 



Panko Onion Rings!
I made a side of the famous panko crusted onion rings from a previous post. They paired very nicely with the steak.





The method for the steaks was a little different than my previous post.  The main difference is that I fired up my charcoal grill and seared them quickly over direct heat for 2 minutes on each side. I then placed them in a cast iron skillet and put them in a preheated 375 degree oven and then turned the oven OFF. I let them sit in the oven for 8 minutes.

The asparagus was coated in olive oil, then salted, peppered, and sprinkled with garlic powder.  It was cooked in an oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


The Hollandaise sauce was a variation of a previous blog post, except I added 2 tbsp of butter. Beautiful.




The steaks turned out a beautiful color and looked very moist and juicy. 



Could not wait to dive into these.





Nice shot with me and my wife in the background.



Oh yes...

I will say...out of the three best steaks I have ever had, this was one of them. The flavor of the coffee crusted steak, the cooking method, the Hollandaise, and the asparagus, made this a phenomenal dish! Yes, I even ate the fat!




We also had chocolate molten cake, but I want to give the dessert justice with its own blog post. 

Try this or something similar to this recipe. My family loved this Valentine gift!




Post a Comment