Fried Egg and Toast with No Butter Hollandaise Sauce

I saw on recently on TV how delicious Hollandaise sauce looked and I said, "I must try that!" However, little did we know that this sauce is not diet friendly. Hollandaise is about 90% butter. So I did some research and found a Hollandaise sauce that requires no butter at all. I got the base of this recipe from Carls Bad Cravings. I  replaced butter with...........Greek yogurt. I know the sauce with the butter has to be good, but this was very tasty. Here is what I did:

3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 egg yolks
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp agave nectar


In a double boiler on simmer, add yogurt, egg yolks, lime juice, and garlic. Sir constantly until the sauce has thickened. You can take a break while you are stirring, but don't wait too long. A good way to tell if the sauce is done, take a spoon and dip into the sauce and it will slowly stick to the back and slowly run off.

Add Dijon, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the agave nectar. Mix well. Taste and season with more spices to meet your flavor.

Brown a piece of wheat bread and fry one egg. Place egg on top of toast, then put Hollandaise sauce on top of egg. Put one dot of Sriracha on top.

And there it is! My wife figured it up, and it was diet friendly! In fact, we may cook steaks on our cheat night and make some of this sauce to go on top. Can't wait!





Popular Posts