Breadless Buns


I found this creation on a website called A Seat At My Table. You can visit their site here. How amazing would it be if you could have a great tasting burger without a bun? Well, now you can, with this lovely recipe. These "buns" are so light and airy and go very well for anything you would use bread for.  Let's first go through what you will need:

8 eggs, divided into whites and yolks
1 block of low-fat cream cheese


Note: Please let your cream cheese warm to room temperature. I did not and thought I would use my super powers to mix the cold cream cheese and the egg yolk seamlessly. That was not the case, however and a couple of my clouds had some lumps.

Mix your room temperature cream cheese and egg yolks together well.


Whisk or use an electric blender to blend whites until soft peeks form.




Gently fold whites into cream cheese and yolk mixture. 
Spoon mixture on baking pan lined with parchment paper. Make them the size you want.

Bake them in a 300 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.



These "buns" are so versatile they can be used for almost anything. I made a turkey burger and used them. It was fantastic! Gluten free and low carb friends will love it!

Printable recipe here.


Post a Comment