Sweet Potato Barbecue Chicken

When I try something different sometimes, I tell myself "this couldn't possibly work". This was the case with this dish. However, after I had made it and tried it, I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. The sweetness of the sweet potato with the corn and beans, then the added protein of the chicken with barbecue sauce make a good combination! Here is what you will need:

Two pieces chicken tenderloins, cooked
One medium sweet potato
1/4 cup canned whole kernel corn
1/4 cup black beans
Any type of barbecue sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

I cheated and did the microwave method of cooking the sweet potato. Take a fork and poke small holes in the potato. Put in the microwave for six to eight minutes, in two minute intervals until potato is soft.

In a saute pan take your beans and corn and saute in pan on medium heat until heated through and beans are beginning to sweat. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Place your potato on a plate, top with corn and beans, then place chicken around. Drizzle with  your favorite barbecue sauce.

You are done! Simple,and healthy dish for lunch.

Post a Comment