Panko Onion Rings

Another recipe I found on Foodwishes.com that I tried; onion rings fried, coated in panko flakes. When I saw the ingredient list of items to make them, I wasn't so sure. But I can honestly say this recipe is the best breading I have cooked at home. This is what you will need:

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
two tbsp instant mashed potatoes (yeah, I couldn't believe it either)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
one cup club soda (another mystery for me, but trust me)
three yellow onions
three cups panko bread crumbs
Table salt
Vegetable Oil

Cut onion into rings, about 1/4 inch thick.







Mix flour, cornstarch, instant potatoes and cayenne; Add one cup club soda.
Place panko crumbs into large bowl.


Dip rings in wet mixture, then in panko flakes, coating evenly.

I fried my rings at 380 degrees for a couple of minutes on each side.
Remove from grease and immediately salt with table salt.


This are literally some of the best onion rings I have ever had. Please try sometime!


Post a Comment