Grilled Pork Steaks



When I made my turkey burgers, I also had the opportunity to grill some pork steaks for the next night's dinner. These turned out really well, being moist and juicy. Here is what I did:



One small pork loin roast, fat trimmed, cut into steaks
Two tsp kosher salt
Two tsp black pepper
One tsp garlic powder
One tsp smoked paprika
Three tsp chipolte seasoning

Trim all fat and skin from loin. Cut into steaks. These were almost 2 inches thick.

Coat pork on both sides with all seasonings.

Have your charcoal grill fired up, and I have a cast iron skillet on indirect heat.

Place pork over fire. Cook on each side for about five minutes.

Once they have been seared well for five minutes on each side. I placed them on the indirect skillet.

I let the pork steaks cook for another 15 minutes in the skillet. If you do not have this, you can place in the oven for 15 minutes on 325 degrees.

Take them from heat and let them rest for about five minutes.

Mine was cooked about medium.
And that's it! They were very moist and flavorful, and the texture was very nice. Good alternative to a steak when you want something a little different!

Download or print recipe here.



Popular Posts