Citrus Steak

 
I wanted to share a quick recipe my wife found to be quite tasty. The meat is the star of the dish, so I'll probably do a separate blog on how to do the vegetables. So here we go.

1 cut of beef sirloin
2 lemons
2 oranges
1 tbsp  kosher salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika


Take beef and place on a cutting board. Sprinkle  kosher salt liberally on both sides along with pepper. Place the beef in Zip Loc bag or in the Zip Loc sealer bags( I had the sealer bags along with the sealer system).

Juice both lemons and oranges but save about six slices. Pour juice in bag with beef and then place the six slices with the steak inside, preferably on top of the steak.  Let marinate overnight or freeze and thaw when ready to cook.

When ready to cook, remove beef from juices and place on a cutting board. Season both sides with Lowery's seasoned salt, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.

Heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan on medium-high. Make sure it is hot! I had my pan pre-coated with some vegetable oil. I don't want a lot of oil in the pan.

Place beef in pan and cook to desired doneness. With mine for medium rare, I cooked this piece of meat for about six to seven minutes per side.

Remove beef from heat and place on a CLEAN cutting board. Let rest for five minutes. Slice meat AGAINST the grain. Serve in a plate. Eat. Enjoy.