Lo Mien Recipe...My Wife's Awesome Rendition

My wife made some awesome noodles for Christmas Eve dinner, and I wanted to share the recipe she shared for excellent Lo Mein noodles. Honestly, I prefer her noodles to those in restaurants. She is a great cook. This is how she did it:









1 onion, cut in strips
2 carrots, cut in strips
2-3 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
cooked noodles(any variety you choose or like)

For sauce:
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. soy sauce,
2 tsp. rice vinegar(seasoned)
2 tsp sesame oil or veggie oil,
1 tsp red pepper flakes,
1 tsp. sugar.

Saute the onion, carrots, and garlic in oil until tender-crisp (or done to the crispiness you prefer). Add ginger and soy sauce. Mix the sauce ingredients together. Add noddles and pour sauce over, stirring well. That's it. I adjust some of those ratios when I cook, but that is the core recipe I work from.


It was delicious!wink emoticon.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts